I have had quite a few thoughts rumbling around in my brain for the past month or two concerning the New Year Resolutions that I feel I should make or would like to make. That being said, how many do I really believe I can accomplish and how many are me blowing smoke out of my mouth? Whoops, it can't be smoke, I quite that over 4 years ago, yea me!!!
Anyways, here is my list.
- Get the knee fixed. Scheduled for the 7th so this one is easy. It's pretty much done.
- Get back on track working out. Now see, I have slacked quite a bit in the past 6 months and I am not sure why. Other than it might have something to do with my knee having a torn cartilage or it could be that I am bored with my workouts. Let's hope I can figure this one out, I don't want to gain anymore weight this New Year. That is definitely not on my list.
- Quite drinking diet soda or soda of any kind. I just love my Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper, but I think it is holding me back when it comes to being as healthy as I want to be. You know, that elusive goal that we all have in the back of our minds? Yeah, that one! I'm sure it's on this list somewhere.
- Take a class on photography and understand the whole photography process better. I got this one in the bag along with getting the knee fixed. I have signed up for a photography class, just a short community class, which is for four 1 1/2 hours class sessions. I guess it's a good start on learning all that I want to learn. Good basics. I will still need to feel more comfortable with the tech stuff but I guess the class is a good start.
- Lose 30 pounds. Now this one I have struggled with the past year. I lost 55 pounds over the course of one year and managed to keep it off for another year but over this last year, more like the past 6 months, I have gain back about 7 pounds. Do you think it has anything to do with the knee? I hope that's what it is, otherwise I am in trouble. Boredom has set in and I need to struggle out of it.
- Talk to my Heavenly Father more. I need to put my Heavenly Father at the top of my list, but as you can see I have not. So this one will become priority #1 for me. I promise to you all, and to myself, that if I do nothing else this New Year but have a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father, then it will have been a most successful year.
- Run a half marathon. midMan can not figure out why I would want to do this, but those of you who run or jog, which is what I do, will know. In the process of training I hope to be able to increase my time and still be able to breathe. Breathing seems to be my issue, if I want to breathe and not gasp for breath, I need to train.
- Get my family on a better diet, even if it means doing it on the sly. I really need to figure this one out. Maybe if I give them no choice when it comes to food, fresh or nothing, they will get it. But they just might hold a revolt and kick me out of the kitchen for good if I do that. Hmmmm, maybe not such a bad idea. (Have you all noticed that everything is about being healthier? Is this good or am I missing out on some unhealthy fun?)
- Live a little more frugally so that we can pay off some more bills. Let's hope midMan and tailEnd understand.
I personally feel I have set myself up to succeed. They are all not easy and most are not too hard, but I think with some hard work on my part I can accomplish each one of these and feel better about myself in the process. Maybe that is what resolutions are all about; feeling better about ourselves.
I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year with many Happy Returns.
Love to All,