Tuesday, December 1, 2009

College?

OK, so I mentioned a while back about possibly going to college. By going to college I meant taking 3 credits per semester and learning a lot more about photography, but not getting a degree. So, I applied to the local college, and believe it or not I was accepted, even after they realized that I graduated high school a long, long time ago.



So today I got my ‘T’ number, their way of knowing who you are, and I searched and searched and found the first class that I wanted to take. So excited and only 5 spots left in the class, I was there! I signed up for the class online and then I looked at the cost and just about fell out of my chair. I’m serious, I had to grab onto the desk just to keep my balance. They wanted over $800.00 to take just one class, for a total of 3.0 credits. Are you kidding me!!?? So much for my continued education.


But wait! Continued Education? What’s this? I just found out today that SUU does offer Continued Education classes, granted not a huge selection, but they do offer one photography class in the winter/spring and possibly a different one in the fall. I am there! Again! This one, a little more affordable, only $70.00 to take the class. I am so there! Now I just need to go sign up.


Oh and about college, I withdrew. Otherwise I would have had to take and pay for the ‘Class That Cost More Than My Camera’. But I did decide that if I ever lose my job I am taking my 401K retirement money and going to college. It would more than cover the cost. And I could eventually have more earning power in the long run.


Here’s looking towards the future and putting college off for a few more years.


Love to All,


midRae

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! College is sometimes a joke. Look at James with his Bachelors and still working the job he had before he had a degree, because no where will pay him decent enough to survive on one income! Anyways, I took that Photography class at the college and I seriously didn't learn anything more than I could have just looked up on the internet. I promise it probably isn't worth $800!!

    ReplyDelete