Thursday, November 5, 2009

HALLOWEEN! (at old folks houses)

As you all are aware, my three sons are pretty much all grown up.  The oldest has married and moved out, the second works full time, has a sweetheart, still lives at home, and is his own person, and the youngest is tailEnd, whom you've all met.  So how in the world would I have anything to post about when it comes to Halloween, other than the fact that midMan and I handed out our candy to the 15 Trick-or-Treaters that we had, then we turned off all of the lights and went upstairs to watch a movie, just midMan and I.  And we all know you guys really don't want to hear about our boring night anyways.


But look!!!  I do have a few photos, nothing grandiose, but a few photos just the same to share.

Halloween 2009

My sweet middle child concentrating really hard to get that make up just right.  He loves the holidays and I think he looks forward to them all much more than he ever lets on.  He will always be my sweet, wonderful, middle Dayt.

Halloween 2009

Here is sweet Dayt with his cute sweetheart, Shannel.  They both love cookies and cold cereal in a cup, with milk of course.  And they both love to spend time with Shannel's nieces and nephews, they took them Trick-or-Treating on Halloween.  What fun they always have in most things that they take on, they truly do love adventure.

Halloween 2009

And of course we have tailEnd.  Yup, this is his costume.  Took some major imagination on his part, NOT!!!!  He wasn't going to go out Trick-or-Treating but when his friends came to the door, he sucked down his dinner in three bites, grabbed his pillow case, and ran.  And of course we didn't see him for the next 2 hours.  They hit the Trunk-or-Treat at the church and then they managed to visit each and every house in our neighborhood, and I promise that is quite a few houses. 

Halloween 2009


When tailEnd finally made it home he tried to weigh his candy, it wouldn't work with my scale but he did have a pillowcase halfway full.  He dumped it out and then proceeded to pick out all of the really good chocolate candy and left us with lots of Smarties and Suckers.  Oh, and this morning I grabbed a pack of Candy Corn that was in his reject pile and decided he was really smart in rejecting the Candy Corn.  I think it had to of been from 10 years ago, it was hard as a rock! 

I guess that's what I get for having no will power lately. 

Love to All,

midRae

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow. I'm glad that my kids didn't have half a pillowcase each, because you know what that would mean for me? 3/4 of a pillowcase....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a haul for a kid his age. My kids went out trick or treating and hardly anyone would give them candy because they thought they were too old. Jessie was really bummed. Should have sent him with Dylan!

    ReplyDelete