Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So We Don't Forget.........



This Week's Topic
We're doing something a little different this week!
Sharing Main Dish Fall Recipes!
Soups, Casseroles...
Anything yummy we can eat for dinner!!

This is one of those recipes that is so easy and so yummy that it will always be a regular at our house. My family loves it and I am so glad that my Mother-in-law was willing to share. You taste it and you love it. I hope you all enjoy, my family sure does.



Grandma's Peach Cobbler

1 cup Milk
1 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Sprinkle of Salt

Mix together in a 7" x 11" baking dish.

Gently pour 1 large can of peaches over the top, you can use all of the juice or not, your choice. I like about 1/2 of the juice and I also cut the peaches up into smaller pieces. Sprinkle with Nutmeg, as much as you would like to season the peaches.

Melt 3/4 stick of butter and pour over the peaches.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes. It will be done when the top is golden brown.
It can be served warm with vanilla ice cream, my favorite, or you can eat it cold. It's really good either way.

Love to All,

midRae

8 comments:

  1. I think that's the easiest peach cobbler recipe ever! I plan to try this out - it's one of my hubby's favorites (and I don't think I've EVER made it for him! Naughty me!)

    Thanks for the recipe.
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already made it!! Don't tell anybody I have a huge sweet tooth! It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm sounds yummy and looks easy! Will definately give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete