Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Messy Place

OK, admit it. It's all right, you are not alone. We are all here for you.
I promise, we won't leave ya hangin.
Please, just admit it and you will feel so much better.
You have one to. We all have one.
And I am sad to say that it has become my kitchen table.

A ninth grade Freshman has claimed my table as his.
It is covered with Algebra, Biology, English, Spanish,
and even a football pad or two.
I think I saw a Chemistry book in there, too.

(Please disregard the Wasp Spray, up on top, we have been invaded.)

He won and I lost. It's OK I can admit it. I'm not OCD or anything.
Really I'm not, I promise.
But only until he graduates in four years, and then I swear
(which I try really really hard not to)
to you and the world,
I will reclaim what is rightfully mine!!!!
(laughing hysterically, near tears,with my fist clenched defiantly in the air)

Love to All,

midRae

3 comments:

  1. Rae I love your blog! I loved reading about your first place to live! You tell really good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.... you always brighten my day when I read your posts. You are so funny and talented at writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae, you are hilarious! But this is so not bad. :) Just come to MY house, where my three children under 7 have taken over....mwuahahah!!

    ReplyDelete