Thursday, September 24, 2009

Me...Unusual? Never! Never! Never!

OK, my blog world friend, Lynnette, offered up a challenge today. And the challenge is to share something unusual or strange about yourself that not everyone knows. I have thought about this all day and had just about given up. Then I went over to the one blog that had joined in the challenge and decided that I just might have an unusual something about me.


And what would that unusual something be you ask? Well I don't think that it would be all that exciting for most people but midMan and myself truly believe that we were born in the wrong century, we should have been born about 175 years ago. We have discussed this at length and really feel that we would have been so much happier with life if we could be living out in the middle of no where, being totally self-sufficient. You know, the really quiet life.


I would love to have a few chickens, a big garden, some meat hanging in the smoke house, a big old root cellar, totally stocked of course, and the know how to make it all work. Our idea of fun. Our three boys sure don't agree with us but I guess, to each his own, even in the same family. Now I'm off to football.


Love to All,


midRae

2 comments:

  1. MidRae I am glad you took Lynnette's challenge and told us what you fancy. Sometimes I think that I would like to be living in those days too,..but just when I am watching Sense and Sensibilty, or Pride and Predjudice, or something like that. I soon come back to reality and think I am satisfied living now, and being privy to all of the conveinences that we have today! (:>)

    Have a good one!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you doing just that! :) There are a lot of things I would like about living in that era also, however, the conveniences of today are just that... very convenient! It would be very difficult to give that up.

    ReplyDelete