Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leftovers

I decided to share a few more photos from our trip to the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago. I hope that you all enjoy them.




This is a view of one of the many parking lots at the Grand Canyon, I think it's the only one that was pretty much empty. But, as you can see, the white car picked the only available parking space, I don't think so, and chose to park right on our back bumper. We weren't mad or upset, but we sure did find it amusing that they chose that particular spot to park.


Just outside of Jacob Lake, on the way to the Grand Canyon, we spotted this Fire Watch Tower just off the side of the road. During the fire season these are manned 24 hours a day and they are located all throughout the forest in the area. I thought it would be pretty cool to spend a night or two up there checking things out, but figured out that there is a big draw back, the bathroom is an outhouse down on the ground! It's a long way to the bottom to go potty. It really would make you rethink how much liquid you decided to ingest, but hey, it would be a great workout for those buns.




This one really made my knees wobble and made me feel like my stomach wanted to fly away. As a mommy I did not like this, not one bit.



midMan and I walked real fast through this one. It drops pretty far down on either side and I could just imagine falling through that gap on the side. Oh my poor stomach is just flipping out just looking at it right now. I think I'm breaking out in a sweat!
Closing my eyes and moving on.


Last, but definitely not least, is tailEnd, not to happy with mom because I wouldn't let him get to close to the edge. What! Does he think I am, CRAZY!? He has no idea how precious he is to our family. Some day he may figure it out but at this moment, in this picture, he was so not happy with mom.
Love to All,
midRae



1 comment:

  1. Great photos. I especially like the one of Dylan sulking :) Gosh he is growing up to be big and tall! He looks like football player!

    ReplyDelete