Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Football & Bacon

You may ask yourself, 'What does football and bacon have to do with each other?' Well, it so happens that I can answer that question for you. Hopefully you will be able to find the humor like I did.


Yesterday afternoon was tailEnd's second to last football game and we had a great time watching it. They played against the Hurricane Freshman team, which they should, seeing as how tailEnd plays on the Cedar Freshman team. Now the Hurricane team is the second best team in the state, as far as freshmen teams go, and our great little team has lost each and everyone of their games. During a few of their games, they made a strong and bold play to win, but alas, the prize has been elusive.


Well, last night they fought their big hearts out, thinking they would be lucky to come away with a score of Hurricane-70 something to Cedar-0, and managed to hold the Hurricane team to 35-0. Yes, we lost! And we have lost by bigger spreads this season to teams that Hurricane has beat, but this is the best that our boys have played all year, although they have played some really great second half's, which ended up being great playing, just a little late. We came away from the game very proud and really pumped for our boys, I also have a sore throat now from all of my yelling and cheering. Our last game will be next week against the Canyon View Freshmen team, and seeing as how both Cedar and Canyon View hail from the same town, same city rivals, wishing us tons of luck and lots of skill, lets win the game!!!!


Quick side note about the Hurricane team. I found out that my cousin is one of the coaches, for the Hurricane team, so it was pretty great to talk with him. I also got to have a really quick, but great, visit with my Aunt May. Gosh, I just love her. He said that tailEnd was a really big kid and he also offered us footage of the Canyon View team, but we've already got that. Anyways it was a blast!!


Moving on. After the game we went to Dairy Queen and had a really great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Munk. Both are doing awesome and Grandpa hasn't had a cigarette since his heart attack a couple of months ago. We are so proud of him. It's great to have the hope that he will be around for a lot longer. We sure do miss those guys, and wish that we could talk them in to moving to Cedar, but we'll just keep trying. They can't tell us no forever.


While we were at Dairy Queen, Dayton, the middle son, called and asked what we were going to do for dinner. I told him we were eating and he said, 'OK, I love you.' He is such a cutie and I just love my middle child. He is such a great kid and is always ready to lend a helping hand. He has been trying to mother us all since the day he was born and I just love knowing that he is there if ever I need him. He is such a great blessing.


Time to drive home and get ready for the next day. tailEnd's got homework, I've got housework, and midMan just needs to get to bed so he can get up real early for work. We made it home in good time and safely which is always a good thing, we even passed the team bus on the way. midMan told tailEnd to 'moon' them, which I promptly shot down. We can't be havin any of that stuff, at least not on my watch!


So here comes the bacon. Just after we got home, Dayton and Shannel decided to cook BLT's. YYUUUMMM! One of my favorites. Here we are, it's 8:20PM and I'm to tired for a shower, and they are cooking yummy food. Is this a common occurrence in life and I just never caught on, this cooking dinner really late? Not really a big deal, but I am curious. All of our kids seems to do this, I guess I just don't fix enough or I fix it to early. Who knows?


Anyways, tailEnd finally finishes his homework and I'm off to bed at about 9:30PM so that I can get up and go to work.


Get up, go to work, and I smell BACON!!!!


Why do I smell BACON?!?!? Who is cooking bacon at work and why do I smell it clear down in my office? What is the deal here?


I finally figured it out. My hair smells like bacon, lol. My boss even confirmed this for me. I guess this is what I get for being to lazy to take a shower last night and not giving myself enough time in the morning to take a shower either. So my scent of choice for the day will be Au De Bacon.


Love to All,


midRae

1 comment:

  1. LOL good one Rae... :) Now that you got my tummy grumblin guess I will go fix me a BLT. Power of suggestion is pretty strong and I am weak! :D

    ReplyDelete