Tuesday, July 7, 2009

To All The Young Couples In The World......

You know how you have all these little children running around your ankles wanting all of your time and energy and you can't wait until they are older so that you and your significant other will finally get to have that wonderful alone time together that you have heard so much about?


Well guess what? By the time it happens you are to tired, have to go to work, need to mow the lawn, need to clean all of the bathrooms, need to vacuum, need to dust, need to clean out all of the gunk from the sink, need to take out the trash, and you also need to finish up the laundry, along with countless other tasks and responsibilities that need to be taken care of.


So here is what happened in my little world. Dion and Ada moved out about 4 months ago. Great!!!! Two down and three to go. Now two of the other three, Dayton and Shannel, don't seem to be going anywhere which is OK with me. They pretty much take care of themselves and live on a totally different schedule than midMan and I do. We don't see them much, but we do see them enough to know that life is moving along for them. Now number three will not be going anywhere for at least 4 years, you know he's only 14, we can't kick him out for at least that long.


Please, please, please, don't get me wrong. I love my children and would love to have them with me 24 hours a day. I love our conversations, I love our laughter, and I love our disagreements, because you know we never fight, only disagree. I am one of those mothers that needs to know what is going on in my children's lives every minute of every day, they have gotten used to it, which is good, they love to humor me. I really do love to have my children around.


Now here is the thing. Dylan, tailEnd, left yesterday for a scout camp. WhooooHoooo!!!! He was so excited and I was a little sad, he has become one of my best friends lately. We laugh so much!!!!!!! But yeah, he will be gone until Saturday afternoon. One down and two left at home. Now today I get a call from Dayton telling me that Shannel and him have made it to Vegas OK. I'm thinking, 'OK, I didn't know that you were going but I sure am glad that you got there OK, have lots of fun for Shannel's birthday, be safe, and make sure that you come home to me. I love you.'


And just like that we are down to midMan and I, alone for the rest of the week. Now what?!?! I think I forgot what couples do without all of the other interruptions. Hmmmmmmm.......Maybe it will come back to me. After we catch up on the sleep that midMan missed last night because he got called into work after only sleeping 2 hours, and after we mow the lawn, and after I workout, and after I cook dinner, and after midMan goes to work in Mesquite and Vegas for the rest of the week, which makes him really really tired, and after I work all week too. And after all of that we are just to tired and have taken on all of those other responsibilities to remember that yes we could go to the movies, we could go out to eat, we could just go for a walk, we could just sit and talk, we really could just sit and cuddle.


Hmmmmmmm...............maybe I do remember. And maybe all of that other stuff just doesn't matter and maybe I'm going to go home and just cuddle.


Love to All,


midRae

2 comments:

  1. Cute post, Rae. And great reminder to enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post. Do try to enjoy your one on one time with your man!

    ReplyDelete