Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Fishy!!

(Please forgive the fat fingers)

I can honestly say that I would much rather be on vacation, falling asleep in my chair at the lake, doing nothing with my hair all day long, and freezing to death in the mountains in the middle of July, than be at work. Don't get me wrong, I do love my job, but I also lllloooovvvveeee!!! Vacations!!!! I wish mine had lasted just a little bit longer.


We had a blast and I am happy to share with you all one of the greatest catches of my life. Right now in my world I would say it's number two, right after midMan. Now that could change, you just never know what's going to happen in life and I like to leave my options open for that number two to change. Number one never will!!!!

Yep!!! I caught this one all by myself!

Now I have a love/hate relationship with fish. For the most part I hate. I know, hate is such a strong word, but when your dad chases you up the hill, when you are just a kid, with the first fish you ever caught you tend to really not want to experience fish again. I really do not care for the taste either. midMan caught a fish, it was about half the size of mine, earlier in the week and we cooked it, I decided to be adventurous and try it. I have to say I was not impressed, it tasted like dirty water. My mother-in-law said we really needed to season it with some lemon, which we had not!! She said that when you catch one and the meat is really pink, now that is when the taste the best. I guess I took her at her word and just had to catch one that was so pretty pink you would have been amazed.

As we left the lake we stopped at the little store and bought some lemon juice and some lemon pepper. Now we were completely prepared to cook that fish. The only problem seemed to be that the guys had already fixed themselves dinner and were not hungry. I cleaned the fish, and we put it in my mother-in-laws freezer. And it now sits in my freezer at home.............waiting for me to get the guts to cook it and see if it's good. hhhhmmmmmmm............Should I cook it or not?

I don't even know how to cook a fish so if any one has even a little clue please share. I think I might want to try fish again, maybe. So if you send me a suggestion make it a good and easy one and I will report back on whether I have been converted to being a fish lover. Can't wait to hear from someone.

Love to All,

midRae

2 comments:

  1. The best way I like fish is when you dip it in raw egg and then next dip it in crushed saltine crackers and then fry it up in a pan of oil. You have to turn it on both sides to cook it. You know its done when the fish meat is flaky white. ( I don't know anything about it being pink). My dad would go fishing and this is how my mom cooked it up. It was great. I cooked it this way for my husband after we got married and he loved it. The egg helps the crackers to stick to it.

    Hope it works our for you. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look really good! You have lost a lot of weight. All your hard work is paying off. I like to cook it the way sunshine mama does or I will just broil it with garlic and herbs and lemon. IT's all good!! Great Catch!

    ReplyDelete