Tuesday, July 14, 2009

100 Weird, Random or Juicy Bits About Rae

My new friend Lynnette over at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground did a blog that revealed 100 things about herself. I loved reading them and got a great laugh out of some. I am really short on time this week and thought what a great idea and maybe I would learn something new about myself.

So, without further ado, here I go:

  1. I was born in Cedar City, Utah
  2. My mom almost didn't make it to the hospital and I was almost born along the side of I-15.
  3. I am a little bit OCD, just ask my family.
  4. I got a tick in my ear when I was a baby.
  5. I also caused my mom to run into a tree, with her truck, when I was about 2 years old.
  6. I love reality TV and really wish I had the guts to go on Survivor.
  7. I enjoy a hot bath more than anything.
  8. I crochet to lose weight.
  9. I have an older brother who died of cancer this past January.
  10. I played the flute when I was in 7th grade.
  11. I am totally completely tone deaf.
  12. I used to catch Horny Toads when I was little and keep them as pets.
  13. I was a total tomboy when I was growing up and I think I still am.
  14. I love doing a job well.
  15. I really really would like some grand kids someday soon.
  16. I am addicted to working out.
  17. I tear up at almost any hint of sadness.
  18. My favorite subject in school was math. To bad I am not so good at it now.
  19. My least favorite subject in school was English. Can you tell? hahahaha
  20. I am the third child of 4.
  21. My nieces and nephews think I am the coolest Aunt.
  22. I have a really hard time with conflict.
  23. I hate for my children to be mad at me, or any body else for that matter.
  24. I love to give service but I hate coming up with a service to do. Tell what you need and I will do it with a smile.
  25. I love to go camping.
  26. I broke my right wrist doing a cartwheel when I was 12.
  27. I was a cheerleader for 1 year in high school.
  28. I grew up with the wrong last name in a small town, but I did marry the right last name.
  29. I was on my high school drill team for 1 year.
  30. I also played basketball and volleyball. Loved them both but hated the jammed fingers.
  31. I love to read.
  32. I am the worlds worst speller. Thank you for Spell Check, my life saver.
  33. I am the mother of 3 boys, 2 born completely natural, and one born with help from PIT, and I never did get an epidural.
  34. My last baby was born in 2 hours.
  35. With my second child, the one with PIT, I went home less than 12 hours after he was born.
  36. I love to work beside by husband, midMan.
  37. I have been eating chicken salad for lunch for the past 2 1/2 years. Am I bored with it yet? NOPE!!!
  38. Jesus is my Savior, and I thank God for His sacrifice each day.
  39. I am an animal lover.
  40. I am beyond proud of my boys.
  41. My mom and dad would not let me watch scary movies when I was little because I would have nightmares for months.
  42. Our childhood dog, Cindy, attached me when I was little and I had to have a bunch of stitches in my face. You can't tell now. Great Doc.
  43. My Little Grandma told me I would get sick if I kept biting my fingernails. I quit immediately.
  44. I love to go barefoot.
  45. I love my house to be cold and then I curl up in a blanket.
  46. I am tired of Panda Express.
  47. When I was 30 I broke my little toe twice in 2 weeks. I have since then broken it 4 more times.
  48. I love the smell of a warm puppy. Except for our dog Bella's breath, it will make your toes curl.
  49. I eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies.
  50. But I really crave anything baked.
  51. I can't seem to bake cakes lately. They all fall flat. I really know not why.
  52. Sometimes I get really tired of being the responsible one.
  53. My daughter-in-law has a 4.0 GPA in the Accounting Program at SUU.
  54. My 3 boys are all completely different. Dion likes computers, Dayton likes cars, and right now Dylan likes football.
  55. I really love my job.
  56. I do about 200,000 keystrokes a week on the 10 key on my computer at work.
  57. I have had four surgery's to fix my hands and shoulder in the past 4 years. One for a ganglion cyst, one to re-attach the ligament in my thumb, one for carpel tunnel, and I had a shoulder de-compression done.
  58. I am addicted to Blogging. I love it.
  59. I just got a really good camera and am currently learning how to be a better photographer. And I am so not a professional, just something I enjoy doing.
  60. I love to go hiking.
  61. I love to ride ATV's
  62. I really love to bake.
  63. My youngest son was hit by a truck when he was 6. He's OK now.
  64. My oldest was burned in a flash fire two weeks later. He's OK, no scars.
  65. My middle son got a ticket for riding an ATV one week later. He still likes to go fast.
  66. My middle son also decided to drive heavy road machinery when he was 7 years old.
  67. I used to go help my uncles milk cows.
  68. I really would like to learn how to jog. But I don't think my body wants to.
  69. I love YOGA, but my shoulder and neck do not. I really should go take a class I bet I am totally doing it wrong.
  70. My husband and I have been married 26 1/2 years. YEAH!!!!!
  71. I can drive a forklift.
  72. But I can't drive a motorcycle. They run away from me and leave me standing.
  73. I was engaged to be married when I was a junior in high school. Did not work out, he was going out with 2 other girls at the same time.
  74. I used to be a little bit on the wild side.
  75. I have a tattoo of a heart with bubbles on my right ankle.
  76. I love to go to football games.
  77. I love to work really hard beside my husband. We are a team.
  78. I love my life.
  79. Someday my husband and I will have a log cabin and live in it forever.
  80. One of the memories from my childhood that just sticks with me is when we came home from my Great Grandpa's funeral and my dad had bought a new lawn mower, he stayed home.
  81. I used to sleep walk, a lot, when I was a child. One time I ended up outside in my mom's car.
  82. I used to talk in my sleep, too. Guess what?!? I still do and so do my kids.
  83. My sister and I got into a fight, at my Grandma's house, and I ripped her shirt off of her. The fight went on for about an hour, our parents let us fight it out. I don't think either one of us won and I have no idea what it was about.
  84. I had the coolest bike when I was younger. It was blue and would go faster than a 10 speed.
  85. I really love flowers. Bet ya couldn't tell.
  86. I do not take compliments well. I just can't figure out what you are supposed to do when you get one, I am always embarrassed.
  87. I believe that 'Thank You' can go along way in making this world a little nicer.
  88. My dad used to call me 'PeeWee.'
  89. When I was little I thought I was adopted. I can remember crying over it, I was just broken up at the thought.
  90. I was deathly afraid of my mom's dad, Grandpa Garner. He just scared me!!!
  91. I loved to feed the calves, at my uncles farm, when I was a kid.
  92. My biggest accomplishments in life to date is that of being a wife and mother.
  93. I live to please everyone. I want to make the world happy. :)
  94. I worry entirely to much about what other people will think.
  95. I really do not care what kind of car I drive just as long as it is not a mom van.
  96. I once had a boyfriend with the nickname 'Pickels'.
  97. I love to laugh. I love to laugh with abandon.
  98. My younger brother, who is 42, is going to be a father for the first time. And I am so completely excited.
  99. I so love the rain. It is so soothing to the soul. And the world looks so clean afterwards.
  100. I love that my life is full and that I am content, most of the time, with who I am.

Hopefully this wasn't to painful to read. I really hope that someone enjoyed this little bit of Rae.

Love to All,

midRae

2 comments:

  1. Wow. We have a lot in common. I won't name them all...but I laugh with abandon too. I got that from my mom. I drive a mom van. I dislike math in school, English was my thing. I used to not know what to do with compliments, but now I know you say "thank-you" with a smile added in for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I feel like I know you now! You are a laughing, loving life, super exerciser woman with the nickname PeeWee! :) hee hee

    It was fun to read about you. Thanks for letting me know you did this.

    ReplyDelete