Thursday, July 23, 2009

Issues.

I have issues. Plenty of issues. Issues are the things that we know we need to work on to improve, and we all try really really hard, most of the time. Some issues are small, like being OK if the dishwasher is not loaded just the right way. And some issues are big, like realizing that everything in life does not have to be completed the way I think they need to be completed. As I've said in the past I'm a little bit OCD. But here is my biggest issue, at least in my mind right at this moment.....

ROAD RAGE!!!

Yep, I have it and I hate it. I get so mad at what I term as 'Idiot' drivers. It is just so frustrating to be going down the road at the speed limit with no one behind you and someone pulls out in front of you and then they proceed to go slowly. AAAHHHHHHH!!! See I have it bad. In the next breath I try to tell my self that it is no big deal, to just let it go, charity, charity, charity. Some times it works, some times it doesn't. I mean seriously I have it bad.

It seems like I turn into a really mean and aggressive person when I get behind the wheel. In everyday life I am the happy one, the easy going one, the one who is terrified of confrontation, but you put me in a car and I turn into something else. You know, like the Incredible Hulk. That would be me but you can call me the Raging Maniac. Yup that's me, the Raging Maniac. Look out here she comes, get out of her way. Where does this thing come from? My boss calls me the sweetest person. If he only knew.

I get so mad at slow drivers, too. If you are going to drive, follow the rules! Please, please, for my peace of mind just go the speed limit. See the Raging Maniac is rearing it's ugly head again. And inattention, come one people, you are in a vehicle, which can cause some major damage or take a life, and you are on your cell phone texting, not paying attention, thinking the person on the other end of your conversation is more important than the little child riding their bike in front of you. What are you thinking?

I know that sometimes it's alright to get a little 'ragey on the road', but I really do have a problem and need to work on it. I want my whole being, person, me.... to always be filled with Charity - the pure love of Christ. He loves us so much, He showed us so much charity by dying for our sins. I mean can you image, the pain, the suffering , the agony that He went through for us? For us, who do not deserve what He did? I want to be worthy of His love and I work towards that goal each and every day of my existence. And I will continue to work to always be more like Him.

I am sure I will always have issues and I hope that I can overcome those issues as I work on each one of them. I believe that that is what our Heavenly Father wants us to do. To always strive to be better and to do better. This is by no means the final say on any one thing. It is my take and my understanding at this moment in my life. I don't claim to be a great knowledge on the Scriptures but I do know the my Heavenly Father loves me. I think I will take that and continue to work on my road rage. And never ever give up growing.

Love to All,

midRae

1 comment:

  1. I love all your posts. You are so creative and fun! I really regret not getting to know you better when you lived right across the street from me. I am grateful to have blogs and facebook so that I can keep up with of my long distance friends such as you. Thanks for sharing! I have issues too.. lots of them.. but I have been to shy to share... maybe I will get brave like you.

    ReplyDelete