Friday, January 22, 2010

Big News, Really Big News!

About 2 months ago I did this post with a little teaser about some big news in our lives.  And guess what?  I am ready to share.  But I have to tell a little story, it has some wonderful stuff and some really sad stuff but just hang with me and you will understand why I needed to tell the whole story.


Two months ago on Thursday, November 12th, my son Dayton and his girlfriend, Shannel, came to midMan and me and told us, 'We're going to have a baby, due July 14th.'  Thrill coursed through my soul and I was so excited.  Then reality set in.  Dayton did not have a job, he had lost it two month ago, but he was ready to sign up for the military.  What to do?  The kids, I shouldn't call them kids,  they are both over 18 and their own persons, had gone through quite a few emotions when finding out about the pregnancy and trying to figure out the next steps for them and their life together.  We let them know that we would support them in any decision and that we loved them.  And we couldn't wait to help.  Such a wonderful blessing, things would have a way of working out, they always do.  And with all of us working together, things would be just fine.


So then, on Monday, November 16th, 4 day later, my oldest son Dion and his wife, Ada, called me at work to tell me that they were also going to have a baby, due July 24th.  They had only gone into the doctor to find out why they weren't pregnant yet and found out that they were.  What thrill and amazement!!  Two babies!  I have gone over and over in my mind what I would do with a grandbaby.  Oh, I wanted one so bad.  I am so baby hungry!  All you girls know exactly what I am talking about.  And now two grandbabies.  Heavenly Father had blessed our family with so much joy.  What wonder!  Dion and Ada were a little concerned about finances, they are both full time college students, but they do have some saving so the stress isn't quite as bad as it could be.


Thanksgiving came and went and such fun and great family time was had by all.  I loved that my three boys, and the ones most important to them, were able to be with us and spend such a wonderful day.


About a week after Thanksgiving, Dayton came up to my room and told me that Shannel was spotting.  My heart dropped, I have been through this twice myself, and I wanted to cry.  They went to the Emergency Room and were told that Shannel needed to go home and rest and go see her normal doctor the next day.  After a very long week, and so much pain and worry, sadly Shannel lost the baby.  Our hearts were broken.  I wanted to wrap Shannel in my arms and just take all of the sadness and pain away.  It hurts so much.  And to make matters harder for Shannel and Dayton, Dion and Ada were still expecting.


Shannel is still dealing with her grief.  We are there for her when ever a hug is needed or she just needs someone to talk to.  But time is what is needed the most.   For those of you who have ever experienced losing a baby, you will understand.  It's hard.  And it just seems like all that you see is babies or expecting parents every where.  It is so hard.  And when you lose a baby early in pregnancy men just don't go through what women go through.  It is so very hard.  I will always remember this baby, my first grandchild, each July with a smile and warm feeling in my heart. 


After Shannel lost her baby, Ada was terrified.  She was so afraid she would lose her little blessing, also.  Much worry and tears were had by Ada.  But I am happy to report that things are going great.  They moved Ada's due date to July 28th, and life is wonderful.  Just look!  It's a baby!  With little feet and little hands.    




I will share more in the future as I find out more.  I don't know if they will be finding out the gender of the baby or not, but either way I am still thrilled.  They are thinking it's a boy.  Who knows? 

Isn't it amazing?  I am so ready to go out and buy stuff, but sanity does prevail and I am impatiently waiting.  midMan is not to sure about being a Grandpa.  He thinks he's too young.  But I am seeing more and more gray in the beard and hair, almost enough to catch up to me.  I think he's ready, he just hasn't figured that out yet.  And tailEnd is thrilled at the tought of being and Uncle, and no longer the baby of our little family.  I know I am so ready.  You can all call me Granny now.  I won't be mad.  I'll have a little smile each time I hear it.

Love to All,

midRae

5 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Shannel, I hope she will find that time heals her hurt. I'm glad that you still get to have a little grandbaby, though, Granny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Congratulations Granny! :D Very happy for you. Sad that Shannel and Dayton lost their baby though. I hope things work out ok for both of them. Keep us posted Granny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!! You have wanted a little grand baby for so long. I am soooooo excited for you guys. Dion and Ada are going to be the cutest little parents and they couldn't ask for a better grandma for their baby. I can't wait to find out what it is! I'm sorry about Dayton and Shannel that is really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midrae, My heart does go out to Shannel and your son. Yes, time is needed. My Hubby didn't want to be a "grandpa" either, but his heart just melts at his first little grandson, he is the joy of his life and now doesn't mind being married to a "granny" either. Congrats. Keep me posted. kare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bittersweet news, indeed. I send hugs to you for the lost baby (and to Shannel as well) and I am thrilled for Dion and Ada! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete