Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Thoughts.



One year ago today we said goodbye to my big brother, Roy. 

He battled cancer for 5 years, along with no kidneys.  He was born with only one kidney and the one he had was found to have a tumor the size of a soccor ball on it.  He fought such a brave battle, and when the drugs became to hard for him to bear and cut his quality life into something he did not like, he turned his battle over to God.  God granted him an additional 3 years and we are so very thankful for the time that was given to us. 

He left behind his most precious wife Char, his son Willie, and his two daughters, Josie and Lily.  We are blessed with time still spent with his family and my heart and prayers go out to them and I ask God to give me the strength that they, my brothers family, seems to show the world.  I also pray that God will give my parents the comfort and strength that they may need, my mom has found this to be very hard.

My big brother taught me, in the final years of his life, that God is in control and that I needed to always remember that.  He showed me what faith is really about and how much a person could really love their Heavenly Father.  He always called me and the first thing that he would say to me was, 'Hey Sis.'  I can still hear his voice and I am so very thankful for that.  My big brother was a precious gift that I did not fully appreciate until God choose to make me sit up and notice. 

I love and miss you Roy.

Love to All,

midRae

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you on this anniversary of your brother's death. I am so sorry for your loss of a wonderful brother and at such a young age. I hope you are ok. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete