Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Whoa, who would have guessed it?  My new friend at Planes, Trains and Automobiles and the Things That Make Up Days, has awarded me with the Honest Scrap Award, which is given to others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.  What was she thinking?  But I think she's really great and you all should visit her.




This award comes with some rules as well:


1) You must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
 
My '10 Honest Things' about me:
 
1.  I have a love/hate relationship with blogging.  I love the fun of it all and how crazy it can get, but sometimes, just like this weekend, I hate to even look at a computer.
 
2.  I really really hate to shop for clothes.  Just give me jeans and a t-shirt and I'm set.  To bad the bosses don't like my idea of what's best for midRae.
 
3.  I love to serve my family.  I have this thing, that if they are not happy I am not happy.  I really need to work on that.
 
4.  I have a really structured and boring life.  I plan each day and if you throw something in there that I have not planned on you will make my head spin and the evil midRae will rear her ugly head for about 30 seconds.  Then I get it all under control.
 
5.  I secretly wish that I could be a stay at home mom.  The only problem with that is that all of my children are pretty much grown.  Can I just be a stay at home?
 
6.  I have the uncanny ability, most of the time, to just know what is wrong when things break down.  My midMan just hates this and I try really hard not to say 'I told you so." to often.
 
7.  I loved watching tailEnd play football and would be totally excited if he decided to play next year.  Right now it doesn't look like he is going too, and I won't tell him because I don't want him to play if he doesn't want to.
 
8.  I love taking photos but I have so much to learn and I am so afraid of taking college classes to get that knowledge.  It's been a really long time since I was in school and things have changed and college is so much more that high school ever could be.  Oh, see another thing; I've never been to college.  Do I really want to start now?
 
9.  I am an eternal optimist and I am so happy that I am.  I love to find the bright side of everything.  The only problem with that is, that I try to make everybody else see the bright side, too.  Too bad that doesn't always work or go over very well.  Some people just need to be not so happy to be happy.
 
10. I really hate for my house to be dirty, but I have really slacked off this past summer, and I really need to get on it, like big time, before Thanksgiving, because I think I may have at least 15 family members at my house this year, and that does not include my kids or there sweethearts.  Whoa, what did I get myself into?
 
And that, my friends, is the Honest Truth.  Maybe a little to much honest truth for me.
 
 And now to nominate seven other bloggers that totally rock my world.
 
1.  Creative Catharsis
2.  Billy & Sherrie Carpenter Family
3.   nienie
4.   Overstuffed
5.  We're Glad! Are You?
6.   Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground
7.   Confessions Of A CF Husband
 
Love to All,
 
midRae 
P.S.  I really do wish I could have nominated more great and amazing friends.  Maybe I will figure something out to recognize all of the wonderful people who have touched my life in so many ways. 

5 comments:

  1. By the way--I think you are brave. I think you're trying a lot of new things (blogging....photography....) and your adventurous spirit is apparent. I know you will kick BUTT in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((midrae)) Great post! It is so interesting to hear what makes you tick, and how much you sound like me. I am thankful to have found you and I too wish you could stay at home, it's just as important when your kids are gone, I think....keep up the good work...love, kare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rae! Made my day. :)

    Don't be scared of a photography class! I so wish I could take one, too, but I have never had the chance. It would be nice to have someone to teach and give feedback instead of trying to do it all myself. :) Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You! That means a lot to me. I guess I better get right on this then. I hope TailEnd decides to play football next year as I do for Jessie. I have learned to love that game! Thanks for sharing and for the award.

    ReplyDelete