Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Garden (update)

When I wrote this post about planting a garden, our expectations were so high, we were dreaming about all of the wonderful tomato's, zucchini, jalapenos and squash that we would be giving away to our neighbors. Reality is sinking in. These are our tomato plants, not to bad you say, but please realize that these have been growing since May. Now you say, 'Not so impressive.' That's what I said, 'Really not to impressive.' But please realize that they have done the best overall in our little garden.



Here are our hot jalapenos!
Not so amazing and hot when you again realize that they have been growing for a few months and we have managed to grow a total of 9!



And here for the wonders to end wonders.........our sad little zucchini plant.

Most people in this world can grow zucchini without even trying, but not us. Nope, we can not even get this right! But in our defense we did manage to grow one little one, and ain't it a cute one, and we did manage to figure out that pots just do not make for big zucchini or anything else for that matter. Especially when it comes to the Munk Family Farm. I think next year planting beds will be in the plans if we want to succeed at growing anything that is edible in our back yard.
Love to All,
midRae



1 comment:

  1. You know, I have a feeling that this is what my garden would look like, if I had one--but I think it's beautiful! And I think that there is so much goodness in the whole principle of a garden; you can't help but be benefited in some way.

    ReplyDelete