Monday, August 24, 2009

Apology with a Hint of Things to Come.

The first thing I must say is that I am so very sorry for being remiss in my blogging. I know that I do not have a lot of followers but for the few I have I feel an obligation to try my best to have something new and fun for you to read as often as possible. I can and have come up with many many reasons as to why this has become a problem over the past couple of weeks and I look forward to sharing each and every one with all of you. But please know that from the bottom of my heart I appreciate each and every one of you and hope that you will continue to check up on me and the family to see if life ever does calm down.

Here we go........

The first thing that comes to mind is that my parents have now been married for 50 years. Amazing!!! For the most part this milestone in a marriage does not get reached by very many couples, what with the divorce rate what it is we are all lucky to reach 10 years. Anything beyond that I find amazing, I even know a couple, yes in my extended family, that only managed to stay married for 6 weeks. I know crazy, my oldest son even had to change the date of his wedding to accommodate this couple. I am happy to say that my son and his wife have been married for over three years and are still going strong. There is also death, which most of us in this world would like to put on the back burner of the stove and really not think about at this time, at least that's what I like to do. I have to admit I am a little afraid to die, but that's another post.

Anyways.....back to my parents. Yeah, they have been married for 50 years and we decided to have a little family BBQ and get together to visit and hear alot of stories from their lives together. Nothing fancy, that's just not us. But we have been planning it for a couple of months and we just had it this past Saturday.

Now for the second thing that comes to mind. tailEnd!!! Yup, just tailEnd. Man can that kid keep you busy. He is playing Freshman football this year and also going to Cedar High School for half a day and also going to a charter school, Success Academy, for the second part of each day. And we had to register at both schools this past week, Success was Tuesday with a half day of Freshman Bootcamp, then Wednesday we had to do Cedar High School registration. And please keep in mind that we also had football practice and weights to take care of each day. Now top that off with me myself working a full time job and midMan being gone on vacation this past week. Yup, tailEnd just keeps us young and busy.

Now for the third thing that has kept us going this past couple of weeks. midMan and the fun of Bow Hunting. I know a lot of people just don't get into this but my midMan loves the challenge and the solitude. The quiet of man communing with nature. That is my midMan. Planning all year to be gone for at least one week, by himself, stalking that elusive prey, the great and mighty Mule Deer.

Now for the fourth thing that has kept us going the past couple of months but especially this past week. Papa Munk. A few fainting spells and some not so great readings on his heart monitor and we end up with a trip to the ICU and a heart attack this last Tuesday. Papa is OK and resting and recovering at home right now. He got released Thursday. Wonderful news!!! More on him in a later post.

Actually, more on it all in the next few posts. Again I hope you all will forgive me and please keep visiting me. I also cherish each comment that I receive (I guess I need that recognition, oh just tell me to get out and get a life!!!) heee heee heee haaa haaa haaa. I'm hysterical now! Just teasing, I'll try to hold it all in. Anyways, please come back and visit, I got a few pictures, so many in fact that my computer is now telling me that I am running out of room, I hope I can get that external hard drive soon or my own lap top, which ever comes first. I really love you all.

Love to All,

midRae

2 comments:

  1. Rae, I love all of your posts. Even though I am TERRIBLE about commenting, I keep up on your blog regularly. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog too! I like to keep up on what your fam is doing! Hope Todd gets a big one this year! Post a pic if he does!

    ReplyDelete