Monday, August 3, 2009

Rides With The Boys.

See these two cute guys? Are they not adorable? These two wonderful guys are my constant companions, it seems like we do everything together. Now midMan will be my constant companion forever and ever, while tailEnd is only being forced to be our companion for the next 2 to 4 years. These two just make me smile.


I have to share with you all what fun and laughter we have together. While we were on vacation tailEnd and I were riding back to camp, from fishing, with Grandma. Not so exciting you say, but you have never heard this child laugh. It's like half of Beeves and B___head. I am totally serious. This child's laughter is so catching and you find yourself just laughing to keep him laughing to hear it.


Anyways......as we were driving back to camp a vehicle, pulling a boat, decided he needed his side and half of our side of the road to get around a corner. Well Grandma just had to say a few choice bad words about this turn of events and that started tailEnd in on the laughter, I'm laughing just thinking about it. If you could have been there! tailEnd starts to laugh which then starts me to laugh which then starts Grandma to laugh. Here we are, driving down a twisty mountain road, laughing so hard tears are rolling down are cheeks, asking Grandma to please pull over before we get into a wreck, and her saying she can't pull over because there is no place to pull over and we continue to laugh, and laugh, and laugh. We are so lucky we did not die, either from wrecking or from laughing our selves silly. It really wasn't that funny, but tailEnd has that effect on everyone and you just catch yourself laughing along with him.

I mean just look at this child, doesn't he make you want to laugh?


Most of our rides together, tailEnd and I, at one point during the ride, will get each other laughing, which then will get midMan laughing right along with us. I have found as I look back how enjoyable these rides are, which usually happen every Saturday, and entail just exploring the world around us or just getting out of the house. I seriously love these rides and really look forward to them each week, it really helps me get through the work week knowing that there is some major fun and laughter to be had come the weekend. Don't get me wrong, we definitely share tons of laughter at home during the week with the whole family but it really seems like lately we have had some major laugh fests while driving down the road.


Another case in point is this past Sunday. We went to St. George for the weekend to get some school clothes shopping done. Man do I love Ross! I hate shopping, but I love Ross. They made it so easy and so cheap. Name brand and new, but low low pricing. So Cool!


Anyways, again, as we were driving home Sunday tailEnd and I were laughing and acting like a couple of kids. We had even started to get midMan in on some of the fun when up ahead midMan saw something on the side of the road. (I am laughing just thinking about this.) He points, and can't think of the name of what he is seeing. His hand starts to wiggle up and down as he is trying his hardest to think of the name of what he is seeing, which has now gotten our attention. 'And what is it that he is pointing at?', you ask yourself. Well he never could think of the name so he just popped out with, 'Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!' Any idea about what he had seen?...............


You guessed it, Turkey's, only he really could not think of the name for the mommy and babies along the side of the road. Well as you can guess this really started tailEnd and I laughing. Again, here we are driving down the road and the driver makes us start laughing so hard we are crying our eyes out which then gets the driver, midMan this time, laughing himself to tears trying to drive, at which point he finally figures out what it was that he saw and he says, 'Turkeys!'. ROFLMAO


I know my telling does not even convey how hysterically funny these situations were. But suffice it to say that I love laughter. It gives me hope. It also gives me strength to take what ever life throws at me and find the joy and laughter of the moment, the bright side, and share it with the world. In my mind there is always a bright side, you just have to remember to look for it.


SMILE!!! for the world may smile with you.


Love to All,


midRae

1 comment:

  1. I love to laugh too. Tailend does look funny. Laughing is a great way to build lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete