Friday, February 26, 2010

Visitors

I have been blogging for almost a year and have had many many visitors to my world.  I am honored by all that choose to visit me and silently, I guess not so silently now, wonder why any one would ever want to come back.  You all have supported me, laughed with me, and helped me to grow, I truly, and with all of my heart, am honored by the visits and the comments.  But today, at this very moment, I am Star Struck.

Star Struck?  What?  Star Struck?  Really?  Seriously, if you could look into my eyes right at this moment you would see STARS!!

Really!!

Now, let me explain.  If you look at my blog page you will see the little thingy, I don't know a better word for it, over to your left.  It says, "Visit from my friends".  I love this little thingy.  Some visitors show up but most don't but that's OK with me.  It's just fun sometimes to actually see who has come to visit.  And right now, at this very moment, the top visitor on my list is........are you ready for this? 

It's The Pioneer Woman. 

I have to tell you that I am currently trembling inside of myself.  A visit from Pioneer Woman!  You have got to be kidding me!  I feel so honored!  I am like a teenage girl getting to see Elvis or The Beatles in person, and they actually made eye contact with me.  OH MY GOSH!!  I am just beside myself and giddy with excitement.  The first blogger that I ever read, who happens to have too many followers to count, visited me.  Oh boy, please catch me as I fall over and giggle with excitement!

I first discovered the blogging world through The Pioneer Woman about three years ago.  I sat down and read everything that she had ever posted, by the way you have to read her story Black Heels To Tracker Wheels it will melt your heart and give you a laugh along the way.  I have also become such a better cook thanks to Pioneer Woman and my family is ever so thankful.  My midMan and the boys beg for The Marlboro Man Sandwich all of the time.  We have come to love Crash Hot Potatoes and we simply must make something from The Pioneer Woman at least once every weekend, it's a fun world of discovery for us.  She has made me a better cook, and midMan was losing hope for me, so it's a great thing that I found her.

I love her cooking so much that I purchases 5 of her cookbooks, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, even before they were available, to share with my family and friends.  If I had more money I would share them with the world.  Her cookbook ROCKS!!!  You should all go check her out if you are not already a big fan.  I mean seriously, she is so well know that she was on Fox & Friends and Good Morning America this week.  So cool!  She taught me how to brine a turkey, to die for. mmmmmmm

On another note, The Pioneer Woman also got me more interested in photography, enough so that I bought a camera almost like hers.  She has some really great advice, which you can find HERE, and she makes it understandable, and for me that's a big thing, except I am still aperture challenged.  She also share's her home and gardening experiences HERE and she home schools her four punks, amazing in and of itself, I could never be that disciplined.  On top of all of that she has also started The Tasty Kitchen, a place for all of us to join together and share our favorite recipes.  Oh, and lets not forget the contests!!  Let me just say that you all should join in on the fun.  Someday I will win that mixer, a bright pretty RED one, to match all the appliances that will someday be in my log cabin.

I told you all I am completely and totally STAR STRUCK!!  WOW!!  If you haven't checked out The Pioneer Woman you should head on over and you will be hooked. 

Thank you so much for visiting my little blog PW.  I'm really not a freak, I promise hehehe, but you have "ROCKED MY WORLD!".

Love to All,

midRae 

2 comments:

  1. LOL, ok you are a bit funny Rae. But thanks for the link to the Crash Hot Potatoes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I love Pioneer Woman too because you told me about those Marlboro Man Sandwiches. Now we have made them at our home several times and love them. I have enjoyed my visits to her blog too. So.... I would feel much like you if she ever stopped by my blog.... pretty cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete