Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's Up?

I bet you've all been wondering that exact thing.  Well, let me tell you what's up.

Not much.  Really.  People talk about the January boredom and let down, well I am here to tell you that it has continued on in to February.  Our poor minds.  We really need to get things hyped up here, don't we. 

Seriously folks.  My life has not been that boring but I always wonder, 'Why would anyone want to read about my life?'  It's not like I am saving the world, and I am not a profound or amazing thinker or writer, maybe a little of my weird humor sometimes, or off on wonderful and exciting journeys, although my life is mostly wonderful, and we are blessed with pretty great health for myself and my family.  We are just your average, nondescript family.  But apparently some folks like to read the boring stuff, so I will share. 

This past week I have been working hard to get back into working out and jogging.  A few nights I managed to jog most of my three mile goal, but I did have to walk a few of those laps.  I've been jogging at the college, great indoor track by the way, and I try to do 30 laps.  Last week I averaged 30 laps of jogging with 8 laps of walking.  Not too bad, until last night.  Not a good night.  I managed to do 20 laps, with muscle cramps in my calves and the knee screaming the whole way.  I think I walked about eight of those 20 laps.  Pretty sad and frustrating.  And I have to confess that the knee is still screaming out in protest this morning.  Ibuprofen here I come.

I have also been adding in my Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD this week, which is an hour long workout and very intense, OK I only had time to do it once, but it's a start.  I love this workout but I have not been doing in very regularly since I hurt my knee back in July, and I have to confess, two days after doing this workout it hurt just to try to sit on the potty.  OUCH!!!  Just a little bit sore, but I love it!!  I mean I really love it!!!  And I really want my body to stay toned, I love having muscle, it's so cool.

I then did the Biggest Loser Yoga DVD, but only for 30 minutes.  Kicked my behind, but loved it too!  I have really been missing my workouts.  And Yoga is good, real good.  Maybe my muscles are so tight and cramping because I have not been doing the Yoga or stretching out.  What do you think?  Probably is the word that comes to my mind.

Then I added in a new photography class this past week.  Granted its only one night a week, and only for an hour and a half, but I do have lot's of reading and homework to do.  I love it though.  With only one class behind me, in which the instructor gave us 1/3 of a full semester of information to learn, I have learned a lot.  I have learned that I have managed to do some pretty OK stuff, by accident.  Seriously, completely and utterly by accident.  Hopefully I can now do some by design.  Anyways, homework.  I need to take 9 different photos depicting 9 different elements or concepts, before this Wednesday.  I can do that!!!

Off we go to this Saturday.  Taxes for some of the family.  I somehow have been nominated to do everyone's taxes, every year.  I think it's because I'm the one who always buys the tax program for their computer and does their own.  Don't get me wrong, I love to help out family and to save them money.  And I always feel bad if they have to pay back.  Or if they even are lucky enough to be a zero.  I just love to see my family and friends do well and make good.  I want them all to have a little extra to help with some tough times.  But I thought about this yesterday and decided I need to realize that it's not me who decides and is to blame if someone has to pay the taxman.  I'm just the one who can type and has a computer. 

Anyways, Sunday was midMan birthday.  WHOO!!! HOOO!!! WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!  YEAH!!!  He really wasn't that excited, poor soul thinks he's an old man, and he's going to be a grandpa this year.  We have got to cheer him up!  We did have a little family fun on Saturday and we all sang, and had way to much food, and way too many treats, and let's sabotage our weight loss goal.  I do that every weekend, crazy fool that I am.  I really need to stay out of the kitchen.  Anyways, I love my midMan, and wish him many years of happy fun as a grandpa in the future. 

And speaking of weight loss, I have been working real hard to record and keep track of all that I eat.  I have a couple of books that I carry around with calorie counts in them and am recording it all in a journal.  I always do really well during the week, but when the weekend comes I loose all of my will power.  It just runs away and hides.  I ask you, 'What to do, please tell me, what to do?'

So, yeah, that's my week.  I warned you, pretty boring.  But most days I am very thankful for being boring.  I am a creature of habit and routine.  I like to know what I have planned and pretty much keep to the plan.  I have decided though that I need to change thing up a bit, still trying to figure out how, so that I can get my workouts in every day.  Right now it is looking like I may have to get up at 4:30 in the morning, and I really really do not want to do that.  But I will figure it out.

Love to All,

midRae

2 comments:

  1. Your will power sounds great. I have not been doing so great lately, the only thought sometimes that seems to help is this,"my desire to loose these pounds has got to be greater than my desire for that brownie." and I think about that and it helps. thanks for being boring with me. kare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your boring post. It's more interesting than my boring post..at least I think so. LOL. I'm so happy for you that you are finally taking a photography class, and I am also jealous. Wishing I was doing that too. Maybe sometime soon. Need a job first so I can pay for something like that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete