Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Got My Fix!

Yeah!!!! I finally got my camping fix. To bad it wasn't long enough or quite as warm as we would have liked. Don't get me wrong it wasn't to cold but we did have to run the heater in the trailer and the tent at night. The one thing I have to say about camping is that it is so peaceful. I love to get away from all the noise of everyday life and sit back and enjoy what God has given us. I would spend my life sitting up in the mountains just taking in the beauty and peace of this world. Nothing can top that. Except for maybe my midMan.


Now on to a different point of view when it comes to camping.
ZOE!!!
Miss Zoe is the worlds sweetest little puppy. We have had her for about 12 years and I just can't get enough of her cute little face with it's big brown eyes that will plead with you for that last bite of your food. She is adorable. This camping trip she reminded us that she hates to be left behind by walking way in front of us when we would go for a walk. Every once in a while she would look back to make sure we were following her, especially when we would hit a road, then off she would go on her merry little way. She also decided on this trip to not listen to us. We think she was just paying us back for bringing Bella, midMan's little blind baby, into the picture.

Now the bad. Zoe likes to eat stuff. Any stuff she finds on the ground while camping is open for tasting. Even while taking walks or gathering wood, anything, and I mean anything, she finds looks good to her and is fair game for tasting and eating. This past weekend we will just say she found something so very disgusting that I almost made her sleep in the truck all alone. Eeeeeewwwwwwww!!! I did make her sit through a really good face washing which she definitely did not like but this was so gross. This girl needs some serious modification to her attitude when it comes to food and what tastes good. I just cringe at the thought of what she did even while I look into her big brown eyes and love her still. See, even midMan found it cringe inducing (holding Bella).

The whole family was able to join us which was wonderful. Here's Dayton and Shannel just before they had to leave. As you can tell by the picture Dayton had been up for 24 hours straight and decided he needed to go home and sleep in his own bed. He was beat. But I was so excited and happy to have them both join us.


Dion and Ada also came up for the experience, although Dion has determined that he would much rather camp over by Enterprise, in the heat, than on top of Cedar Mountain, in the cool. In this picture Dion is going for his best James Dean look, to bad tailEnd found his way into the picture.

Ada had a blast with Emery, as you can see. She would have danced with her all night if Emery's mom and dad would have let her.

And here is Emery's mom and dad, Amanda and Johnny. They are Dion and Ada's friends who came to join us on our camping trip. They brought S'More's!, which we were all thankful for, even Ada, who had never had one before and decided that they were just a little bit to sweet. Fun was had by all burning the marshmallows and eating the crispy remains.



I could have gotten some better pictures but I was always busy cooking or just sitting enjoying the peace and quiet or just taking a walk or just riding the 4wheelers and forgetting that yes Rae you do have a camera now. TailEnd also had a blast. And was so excited because he can now ride the 4wheelers by himself without getting into trouble after he took his OHV training course. Let's all join in his little celebration and dance a jig with him. Emery and Ada thought it was fun and exciting, too.



Over all we had a blast and midMan and I would love to go again this weekend, but alas, life interrupts us and makes us take care of all that other mundane stuff like the yard, and the house, and the bills, and the garden, and the kids, and everything else that life likes to throw in our way.


Love To All,


midRae

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I too love and live for camping. I can't wait until we can go again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love camping trips they are always the best memories of growing up. I can't believe how much Dillon has changed this last year! He is growing up so fast. Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete