Sunday, June 21, 2009

Munk Family Fishing

Aside from braving the 60 mile an hour winds and running from the rain, fishing this past weekend was a very serene and relaxing experience, as you can see in this picture of midMan at sunset. Oh we also caught tons of fish, to bad you can't eat them because of lead poisoning. But overall the time spent fishing at Enterprise Reservoir was so worth it.

Here's Grandma Munk with one of her many many catches. I am pretty sure she caught over 8 fish.
Here's PaPa Munk with one of his many catches. I really believe he was up there in the 2 digit count.
Here's midMan and his mom both with catches at the same time. It was like that all day. MidMan caught a total of 14 fish, and I promise this is no fish story. The second I threw out for the first time I had a fish on the line and I even almost got it to the bank. These fish were not huge, about 10 to 12 inches long, but they loved to fight. It was so awesome.

It hooked me into fishing again. I gave it up when the kids were little because it is definitely too, too hard to fish and keep the kids from getting tangled up in your line, going swimming, and getting pinched by crawdads all at the same time. I mean seriously, why do the men folk run off and leave it to us girls to keep the kids from drowning and eating the night crawlers?

Here's tailEnd with the first real catch of the day. He caught over 9 fish, when he wasn't getting mad at the reel. He really enjoyed himself. I think he got hooked too. We'll have to get him a better reel and pole so that he can enjoy himself the whole time.
Here's another one of PaPa trying to yank the guts out of the fish. We keep waiting, and I am sure that one day he will reel in only the guts, which he will have completely yanked out of the fish. Or go over backwards and split his head open on the rocks. Who can tell with PaPa. I have to tell you it is a blast to fish with the in-laws, they make it so much fun.

As you can tell we all had a great time and are looking forward to a lot more fishing.

Love To All,

midRae

Things to remember..................This first fish I ever caught was a pretty little thing. I thought, "Wow this could be fun." But then my dad decided to chase me up the hill with it. Since then I have had a love/hate relationship with fishing. It looks like we are now moving into another love phase of that relationship. Take you kids fishing. You will definitely have a blast and make millions of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment