Monday, March 2, 2009

Meet midRae

Here I am. Can you believe it. It's me, midRae.

My name is actually Rae Munk. I am a MIDdle child, I am in MID-life and I'm still looking for that third MID. If you all think of anything I would love to hear it.

I love to workout, read anything, cook, crochet, take photos, hiking, camping, riding 4-wheelers, spending time with my family, Survivor, and The Amazing Race.

I have the most wonderful HUSBAND in the world. He indulges me, sometimes. We have been married for 25 1/2 years and we are still very much in love. We have 3 wonderful boys, ages 24, 21, and 13. They are so awesome.

To me my life is not the most exciting, but I thought that this would be a wonderful way for my kids and my grandkids, someday, to see who I really am. So my idea is to let you all know what is happening now and to share something from my past. I hope you all enjoy.

Love always,

midRae

P.S. Something to remember.........My 50 year old mattress. It was my parents for ever and then it came to me. We used it for camping out under the stars in the mountains, in the dirt. I would never consider going camping without my old mattress. I made my husband pack it along on a few moves and that wonderful old mattress finally made it to my bed. Oh how I loved that mattress. I loved to snuggle right down into is old warm wornout stuffing. I tried not to look to closely at it's covering for it was so ragged and stained. I treasured all those wonderful nights slept on that old mattress but my poor husband was unable to agree with me. We finally got a new bedroom set about 2 years ago. Happy and sad am I. My then 11 year old son got the mattress. He loved it too, for about 1 month. Then he was begging for a better mattress and a better bed. I'll tell ya about the bed some other time. I was sad the day we finally took my old mattress to the trash, but i do have some great and wonderful memories that will always include my old mattress.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You truly are awesome. Sure wish you were going to YW camp this year, you are so talented with the YW.

    ReplyDelete