Sunday, April 11, 2010

1st 5K

(I really need to teach midMan how to work the camera)

So yes, we did it.  We completed the ROTC 5K.  Shannel, my sons girlfriend, joined me in my 5K endeavor and left me way back just looking at her dust trail, not even in the cloud of dust, just way back there looking at it as it dissipated.  Shannel is an avid runner and usually runs every day.  She is amazing.  I on the other hand managed to keep a steady pace, walking as fast as I possibly could, and managed to finish in less than an hour.  I think the time was somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes.  Not too bad for an old lady with a bum knee and tedonitis inflicting it's unearthly pain in said knee.

But just watch out next year everyone, I plan to finish in a little more than half the time it took me this year, if the knee lets me.

Love to All,

midRae


2 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL. You are gorgeous too! Way to go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You are awesome! Hope that knee gets feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete